Daytona Beach City Guide
Daytona Beach, famous as the “World Center of Racing” and home of NASCAR, is part of the East Central Florida greater metropolitan area. Daytona Beach its also the best known of the seven area communities. Although the broad 23-mile stretch of white hot sandy beach is yet the biggest attraction here, with over 8 million visitants clustering to the region yearly, the metro region is speedily transferring from event Mecca to home tailored resort destination. Historical land sites like the Main Street Pier, the Oceanfront Boardwalk and the Clocktower in Oceanfront Park add to the appealingness of this exciting metropolis.
DaytonaBeach-FL.com offers travel information on Daytona Beach Hotels, Rentals, Restaurants and shopping for Visitors to Daytona Beach, Port Orange, Ponce Inlet and New Smyrna Beach. Whether you are looking for one of our Daytona Beach hotels or resorts, Looking info on the best spots to eat, things to do, finda new real estate or even where the best spots are to shop, you have come to the right place. Daytona’s world class beaches melded with the best dining experiences, shopping and activities for the entire family make it one of the United States’ top travel destinations. We hope you enjoy your Daytona Beach holiday and look forward to offering you travel info before and during your holiday.
Special Daytona Beach Events
Special events that draw visitors to Daytona Beach include:
- Speedweeks (Daytona 500 NASCAR race, Rolex 24 sports car race, and others)
- Coke Zero 400, NASCAR race on or around July 4 (Traditionally called the Pepsi 400 or Firecracker 400)
- Daytona Beach Bike Week Daytona 200 motorcycle races, bike shows and biker reunion in March
- Biketoberfest in October
- Turkey Run car show and events during Thanksgiving weekend (Traditionally called the Turkey Rod Run)
- Spring break (date varies, usually the first and second week of March)